Posted: January 21st, 2023
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Don’t worry if you don’t write much during your first reading of the article. Look up all words
that are unfamiliar to you, and write down definitions. Enjoy the article you selected. Immerse
yourself in the ideas on the first go-round. You may find it helpful to sleep on your discoveries
and then get down to more structured work the next day, during the next 1 or 2 readings.
3. Don’t highlight. Write your own thoughts in the margins and on your note paper.
4. Use the questions we’ve brainstormed to elicit questions at the higher levels of thinking in
Bloom’s Taxonomy: Analyze evaluate
5. Try to think of “How…?”, “Why…?”, and “What if…?” questions.
6. Run your thoughts and questions through your newly acquired scientific filters, to sort what is
scientific and what is not. You can write all about your thinking, but you must keep it sorted.
7. Now you’ve got the pieces of an essay with substance! Step 3. Check your subjective criteria
• Be honest.
• Be consistent, if you can. If you can’t, admit it. It’s alright if you are confused and ambiguous if that’s
your best effort right now, and don’t try to pass yourself off as otherwise. Like a scientist, you are
expected to point out the inconsistencies and ambiguities in your thinking.
• Write your own essay. Don’t consult anyone about what you should think or write. And try not to write
what you think someone else would expect you to say (including me). As a thinking person, you owe
yourself your shot at this.
• Be concise. As always, there is a one-page limit. Boil down your thoughts.
Some tips about the reading, thinking, and writing to produce your one-page essay:
• Although it should be clear to the reader that you read and understood the entire article, DO NOT
SUMMARIZE THE ARTICLE. The focus of this lab is your response to the content of the article
through the lens of your current training in the process and philosophy of science, and your own
experiences. Make your remarks reflective, argumentative, analytical, or reactive.
• Avoid quoting material from the article or from any other source in this one-page essay. Rather, frame
the ideas in your own words, and build your own story.
• The best way to plan your essay is to do all of your reading and note taking until you understand the
material. Then get the original material out of your sight and write your thoughts in your own way. If you
get stuck, put the writing away and go back to the original material; you’re not yet ready to write that
part. After reading over your article and notes again, try going back to writing (with the reading materials
out of sight). The writing process described here will strengthen your thinking skills, and help you avoid
• Your paper will ideally display your critical thinking and writing skills in the best possible light. You
will probably need to write at least 3 publishs. Edit typographical and grammatical errors from your final
• I recommend the use of the Success Center to help you critique your work before turn it in
Arroyo Toad (Anaxyrus californicus) | U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service (fws.gov)
Arroyo toad (biologicaldiversity.org)
Arroyo toad – Facts, Diet, Habitat & Pictures on Animalia.bio
Arroyo Toad | Los Padres ForestWatch (lpfw.org)
Arroyo Toad (sdrp.org)
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.