Posted: July 15th, 2022
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
For this assignment you should focus on older people who are members of a specific population (Latino/a,
American Indian, African American, Asian American, LGBT, low-income, living with a disability, etc.). You
should do some outside reading about older people and about aging among the members of the population you
choose.The research you do can include internet research, but that should not be your only source of
information. You should also use books, peer review articles, and/or interviews.
After you conduct your research, address the following in your paper:
1. Provide an introduction to the population you have chosen. You can include anything you think is
2. Describe some of the distinctive strengths and challenges that older people who are members of your
selected population often share. How might these intersect with the aging process? You might also
want to consider any policy or institutional issues affecting older people who are members of your
selected population. Discuss whether there are unique ways in which members of your selected
population view or approach aging.
3. In what ways do older members of your selected population have power to create change? Can you
find any examples of how they have been involved in bringing about change?
4. What are possible barriers that keep older members of your selected population from participating in
their communities and/or engaging in collective action? How might we overcome some of these
5. Suggest some ideas for outreach to older people from your selected population. How/where could you
find members of the population? What might be effective ways to get them involved?
This assignment for infusion in macro practice courses at the generalist level provides an option for students
to focus on older adults within the context of other historically disadvantaged populations. With its strength-
based empowerment approach, it encourages students to view older adults as active agents of community
change and identify strategies to overcome barriers to their community action. The Advanced Gero Social
Work Practice Guide (Curriculum Resource Examples) indicates this assignment can be used to measure
student attainment of the advanced gero practice behavior 2.1.5—Advance human rights and social and
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.