Posted: January 7th, 2023
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
For This or a Similar Paper Click To Order Now
There are 13 questions to answer this week. Please answer in detail – no yes or no answers
1. When, if ever, is book censorship justified?
2. Use examples to explain and defend your answer. Make sure you read Chapter 3 “Books” especially “Controversies” before answering.
3. Read up on the recent Dr. Seuss books that were banned. How do you feel about that? Was it a good idea or not? Explain your reasoning.
4. What are some of the effects of e-books on the general population?
5. What type of reader are you? What effect has your reading style had on your education and your life?
What do you think?
6. Should we ban people from sharing their opinions on social media?
7. Should we take away access to Twitter, Facebook etc… if their opinions or beliefs differ from those who own the social media platforms?
8. Many people agree with banning certain people or groups because they don’t agree with what they are saying. But what happens when eventually someone doesn’t like your opinion or beliefs and wants to ban you from communicating on a social media platform or even having your own website hosted?
9. These are serious questions we all must face. What happens to balanced information if only one side is allowed to speak?
10. What happens to debate or discussion?
11. What happens when the media becomes gatekeepers of information?
12. Do you believe the media should label opposing views as “misinformation” and censor those opinions?
13. Who exactly are the “fact checkers”?
1: Chapter 2 discusses the agenda-setting theory and the cumulative effects theory. Please choose either of those two theories, define it, and give a current example of this taking place in the media.
2: There are currently so many examples of outrageous media hype on TV, social media, in our newspapers, and online. Please share one example that you have seen within the last week. Include a link to your example.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.