Posted: September 7th, 2022
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
For this assignment, you are to conduct a graduate level Legislative Critique/Compare and Contrast include the Maritime Transportation Security Act 2002 and the S.A.F.E. Port Act of 2006.
. To do this critique, perform the following steps:
1. Obtain a copy of the piece of legislation to be examined (MTSA and S.A.F.E. Port Act of 2006).
2. Collect and analyze news media reports on the legislation.
3. Collect and analyze any other critiques of the legislation. (i.e. Think tanks, academics, etc.)
4. Collect and analyze available witness testimony with regard to the legislation.
To compose a legislative critique, students should compose an analysis based upon the following points:
• Provide a brief legislative history of the Bills. (No more than 500 words)
• Determine if the Bills focus was introduced in the past under a different name and/or format. If so, evaluate why the legislation was discarded.
• Summarize the main points of each bill in your own words (but supported by citation as appropriate)
• Evaluate and categorize the strengths and weaknesses of the individual legislation, then compared against each other. This is compare and contrast or comparative analysis….. See this reference: https://writingcenter.fas.harvard.edu/pages/how-write-comparative-analysis
• Conclude with a final assessment of both pieces of legislation including SPECIFIC recommendations that could be considered to enhance the security framework that has been established. These recommendations need to be as specific as possible JUSTIFY why you believe this should be considered.
• Your paper must be at a minimum of 4-6 pages (the Title and Reference pages do not count towards the minimum limit).
• Scholarly and credible references should be used.
• Provide 5-8 quality references as support.
• Type in Times New Roman, 12 point and double space.
• Students will follow the current APA Style as the sole citation and reference style used in written work submitted as part of coursework.
• Points will be deducted for the use of Wikipedia or encyclopedic-type sources. It is highly advised to utilize books, peer-reviewed journals, articles, archived documents, etc.
• All submissions will be graded using the assignment rubric.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.