Posted: July 15th, 2022
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
FINAL CRITICAL ESSAY
For this course’s major written assignment, you are to analyze one marker – or intersecting markers – of identity (please see the course schedule and, in particular, sessions 2-5) and specific concepts through a popular song of your own choosing. The paper must make strong links to the course and is to be a mechanism for students to think more personally and deeply about a given course topic and concepts. The goal here is depth (over breadth) and the demonstration of critical thinking and argumentation (over mere descriiption). The final critical essay should be 5-7 pages in length (and, at minimum, 5 full pages, not including any title or reference pages).
Students are required to write a sociological paper that is analytical, argumentative, and critical. It is imperative to note that the writing of a sociological paper requires the use of scholarly sociological sources, such as sociological books, edited sociological collections, and scholarly sociological journals. The final critical essay must include a minimum of THREE sociological scholarly sources NOT including the course textbook and related course materials. You are working to further expand your thinking and to be in critical conversation with scholars on your chosen topic.
Students are required to include full bibliographic information for all secondary materials used in their work. All submissions should be double-spaced, with one-inch margins and size 12 font. You must use proper APA format (including in-text citations) in the completion of your written work.
Your final critical essay should answer the following questions (in an integrated and argumentative discussion); you will not be overtly responding to these questions, but should use these prompts in formulating your argument:
• What is the song’s “thesis” (what is the song about)?
• To what major course theme and course concepts does the song relate?
• How does the song relate to a major course theme and specific course concepts?
• What is your position on your chosen issue and related course concepts? (Your work should have a clearly articulated thesis statement.)
• What academic sources can you find and implement that are useful to your thinking about your chosen course theme, popular song, and specific issues? (Your final critical essay should employ three sources, relate source theses, and be incorporated into your discussion and reasoning.)
• How can you demonstrate your logical line of reasoning and support your specific position?
PLEASE WRITE THE COMPLETE ESSAY INTRODUCTIONS PARAGRAPH FOLLOWING THE ABOVE ESSAY INSTRUCTION.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.