Posted: November 8th, 2022
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Part 1: Interview a Nurse Practitioner currently working in a primary care or urgent care setting. You must include complete responses to all questions provided by the instructor. Please write in question-and-answer format. Additional issues may be addressed by a student at the student’s discretion. Summarize and describe what you learn from the interview and the NP’s role. Any comments or suggestions regarding the NP practice role?
Project #3 Guidelines
Interview a Nurse Practitioner who is currently working in that role in a clinical setting. (10% course grade)
v You must include:
· NP credentials include specialty; education level; if not doctoral prepared, plan for doctoral degree? DNP? PhD? EdD? And rational for continue or not continue education.
· Type of practice setting
· Job description and responsibilities
· Years in practice
· Any leadership roles in the practice, such as in charge of QI/QC, budgeting, scheduling, practice protocols/polices etc.
· Age range of patients
· Average # pts. Seen per day
· Billing/coding responsibilities
· Own Medicare billing number?
· Direct reimbursement?
· Listed as Primary Care Provider (PCP) in any Manage Care Organization’s or insurance agencies?
· How do they accomplish Chart Review with collaborator?
· How do they maintain continuing education responsibilities?
· If possible, find out what specific protocols are being used in the practice setting.
· Ask to see their collaborative practice agreement if applicable.
· You may include ANY other information you find interesting. (What do they like most/least about their position? About being an NP in general? Do they belong to any professional organizations? Which ones and why?)
· Did this assignment help you understand primary care NP’s role?
· Write up your findings and submit them through Blackboard. Also bring in for class discussion on date stated on syllabus.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.